Stock Roms are provided out of the box in every smartphone but there are some techies who love to tinker around the device to get more functionality or to improve the performance of the device but in rare cases the smartphone either gets bricked or you notice some unusual stuff in your smartphone, so here is our detailed guide to flash stock ROM on your Moto G4 Plus which is quite a popular smartphone from Lenovo’s sub-brand.
- You should charge the device at-least above 50% to avoid any accidental fatal errors in the process of flashing the stock ROM.
- If you wish, you can backup your important data.
- Download all Moto G4 plus required files like flash file, drivers and tools.
You have to Enable USB-Debugging and OEM unlock, follow below steps carefully
- Go to settings > about phone, tap build number multiple times to enable developer option
- Go to developer options > turn on USB-Debugging
- Same way enable OEM Unlock
Please Unlock the bootloader if possible, below are some quick steps to unlock the bootloader of Moto G4 Plus.
- take backup as all data will be erased from the device
- Enable USB-Debugging and OEM unlock
- Turn off your device and press power button and volume down button simultaneously to boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect the phone to PC via original Motorola USB cable
Steps to unlock the bootloader –
- Download the fastboot tool zip file and extract it.
- Go to extracted folder > Open CMD there by holding Shift and pressing right click, you will get the menu.
- Type fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get something like –
- (bootloader) 3A85220367315489#
- Now copy like below
- Example : 3A85220367315489#5A593232334D394A5636004D6F746F2047200000#A5A9518383FEB81D1CF5EF63C2D80116018B1A3F#AE609A01000000000000000000000000 without any space.
- Now click here [Motorola official site] and sign up .
- Now paste all copied codes in the Motorola site and click on “Can my device be unlocked”
- Next just click on I agree to be bound by the terms of the legal agreement.
- Open your Gmail account, here you will receive 20 character alphanumeric unique code .just copy the code and again go back to command window.
- fastbootoem unlock yourkey, type the command in CMD
- Replace YourKey word with 20 character alphanumeric unique code which you get into your mail
You have unlocked the bootloader of your Moto G4 Plus.
Download Flash File For Moto G4 Plus, Drivers & Tools
- DOWNLOAD [Nougat Firmware]
- Moto G4 Plus Stock ROM Official [Marshmallow version]– DOWNLOAD / Mirror
- Moto G4 Plus USB Driver – DOWNLOAD / Mirror
Steps To Install Official Nougat Firmware On Moto G4 Plus Mobile
- First of all download and install Moto G4 plus USB drivers and install it on pc.
- Download all other three zip files and extract them into your PC. [mFastboot, flash-script_3 & Moto G4 plus stock ROM]
- After extracting all the downloaded files, copy contents of stock rom, flash-script-3 into mfastboot folder.
- Boot Moto G4 plus into fastboot mode/bootloader mode.
- Again go to mfastboot folder and Double click to run OEM Lock.bat file
Note – Run OEM Flash.bat file, if you don’t want to relock bootloader of Moto G4 plus mobile.
- Flashing will start as soon as you click on OEM Lock.bat file.
That’s it, you have installed stock rom into your Moto G4 Plus easily and that too without any risk factor involved.