Do you want to update your coolpad note 3 lite to android marshmallow? Well, you are at the correct place. The device coolpad note 3 comes pre-installed with android 5.1 lollipop; the phones hardware features Mediatek MT6735 chipset backed up with 16 GB ROM and 3 GB ram, the phone is capable of running android 6.0 marshmallow. However, the company has not given an official OTA update to the devices
Before updating let us talk about the basic features of Android 6.0. The OS facilitates Specialized permission management system, now user can change app permission control as per his requirements, the operating system is more secure compared to the previous versions of Android and is more stable ,the OS introduces a power saving system that stops power consumption of background apps by moving them into standby mode, and the last major update of the android was its fingerprint API support system, the OS enables them to use fingerprint system for third-party apps.
Steps to flash manually coolpad note 3 lite to android marshmallow
1) You need the following tools
A – SP flash tool
B – marshmallow beta v004 for coolpad note 3 lite
C – SP flash tool drivers
2) After downloading the latest tools, media files and drivers for your device, extract them to your pc
3) open flash_tool.exe (located in SP flash tool) right click and run the file as administrator
4) Click on the download tab and click on the scatter loading button.
5) Select the scatter loading file (it is situated in ROM folder ended by .txt extension)
6) Click the download button and make sure all the boxes are checked
7) Take a backup of all the files of your phone including contacts media messages etc. as flashing the phone will erase all the user data.
8) Turn off the device and connect your phone to the computer
9) Press the volume keys so that your pc detects the phone attached to it
10) Once the flashing process is complete, a green ring will appear on your desktop, and you’re done with flashing
11) Now disconnect your phone and reboot it, it will take some time to boot as it’s a first boot, set up your phone and its done.
If you haven’t flashed your phone manually, we recommend you to read the following notes.
- The device must be on stock ROM before flashing
- Follow the above steps correctly, or they may brick your phone or even cause permanent damage to the hardware.
- Take all the backup of your phone’s data before updating it.
- Charge the phone above 50% to get the process safely completed
- We won’t be responsible if anything goes wrong or the process causes any damage to your phone.
This was the update guide for updating android marshmallow in coolpad note 3 lite if you have any related queries kindly comment below.